Examinations are conducted according to a set Syllabus in the following Subjects
1. Speaking Skills
2. Writing Skills
3. Speech & Drama (Practical And Theory)
4. Prose Reading
5. Solo Acting
6. Group Drama
7. Group Verse Speaking
8. Diploma in Speech & Drama Education
2. Theory of Music
Examinations are held island wide throughout the year.
• Examinations are held in centres throughout the year from January to December.
The teacher or Educational Institute requesting for exams must do so two months prior to the date required. E.g. if Examinations are required in March, the request for exams along with the Entries must be submitted to the Office by January of the same year.
• Candidates are required to bring a file or print out with the Poem or Prose or Drama that each candidate will be performing. Candidates must be present at the Examination centre on the date notified to each of them by the Institute, through the teacher in charge, half an hour prior to their scheduled time with the official notification.
• All candidates sitting for the examinations will receive a Certificate and mark sheet after assessment.
• The candidates who perform exceptionally well in each centre will be awarded Prizes at the Annual Islandwide Prize Giving of the IMSSS (Pvt) Ltd.
• Syllabuses and Guidelines along with Workbooks and other support material - Poetry Anthologies, Drama Scripts and Past Papers, Music Books and Vocal Scores – are available at the office in Colombo 07
(Office Hours – 8.30 a.m. to 4.45 p.m. Monday to Friday)
Institute of Music Speech & Speaking Skills (Pvt) Ltd.
# 15/3A Maitland Crescent
Colombo 7 - 00700
Telefax +94 11 2683776